We are concerned about criminal justice because there is an imbalance within the justice system, a large number of unjust imprisonments, and an unfairness of punishments within the United States. 1 in every 37 adults in the United States, or 2.7% of the adult population, is under some form of correctional supervision (NAACP). Of those incarcerated, there are notable disparities between minority groups; they are imprisoned at much higher rates.
Page written and designed by Student Leadership Team.
The views and opinions expressed on this page are those of the Amplify! Student Leadership Team and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NCSSM.
- What is the Criminal Justice problem?
- The New Jim Crow
- Criminal Justice fact sheet
- Learn more about youth incarceration
- The effects of mass incarceration
- Read "The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration"
- Listen to Serial Podcast (Season 2)
- Understand Psychological and Structural Barriers in the Criminal Justice System