We are concerned about LGBTQIA+ rights, because we believe it is important for all Americans to receive equal opportunity and live happy, meaningful lives despite gender or sexual orientation. About 8% of youth in America self report that they identify as LGBTQIA+. While the country is more accepting than ever of the spectrum of genders and sexualities, it can still be difficult for LGBTQIA+ students to find supportive communities. However, as awareness increases, so does the range and accessibility of resources available to LGBTQIA+ youth.
Page written and designed by Student Leadership Team.
The views and opinions expressed on this page are those of the Amplify! Student Leadership Team and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NCSSM.
- The Democratic Party Platform
- The Republican Party Platform
- The Libertarian Party Platform
- The Green Party Platform
- Youth LGBT+ resources from the CDC
- Read a state snapshot about school climate for gay students (2015)
- Gender Terminology Discussion Guide
- Support systems from the APA
- See how NC cities are rated in the Municipal Equality Index
- Volunteer with or donate to the Trevor Project
- Create Good for LGBT+ communities
- It Gets Better Project
- GSA Network
- The Trevor Project
- PFLAG: Be an ally