We are concerned about the quality of and access to education because education, in essence, creates equality. It helps individuals maximize their talents and learn how to effectively use their voice to create a positive impact. Education plays a vital role in shaping individuals' futures, as well as the future of the world. In the United States, not everyone has access to high quality education, either as a result of location, family background, or self identity. This drastically reduces the number of people who can reach their potential and create the most positive change.
Page written and designed by Student Leadership Team.
The views and opinions expressed on this page are those of the Amplify! Student Leadership Team and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NCSSM.
- Educational opportunities by:
- Read about Laws and Guidance established to address educational inequity
- Learn about steps taken to address this issue already
- Effects of poverty on educational success
- Responding to Educational Inequality (a policy brief)
- Look for tutor organizations, such as 826National.
- Because the inequity is local, attend a school board meeting.
- Volunteer at organizations like A Better Chance.
- Donate to organizations like College Possible.