We are concerned about healthcare issues and policies because healthcare is necessary for people to live a vibrant, long lasting life, allowing them to voice their perspectives with strength. We believe that it is a basic right, and without it, one cannot fully reach their potential in making the world a better place. However, in America, disparities in access and care have made it difficult for all people to receive the are they need.
Page written and designed by Student Leadership Team.
The views and opinions expressed on this page are those of the Amplify! Student Leadership Team and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NCSSM.
- Why healthcare is a necessity.
- Economic affects on healthcare access.
- Overview on minority health found here.
- The Sick Side of Town: How Place Shapes Disparities in Health (policy brief)
- Rural vs urban health care information found here.
- Women's healthcare experience
- LGBTQA+ healthcare experience.
- Unnatural Causes: A Seven Part Documentary Series Exploring Racial and Socioeconomic Inequalities in Health
- Unequal Rates of Poverty and Access to Care Play a Role in Widening Health Disparities
- Why Public Health is Important for Equity and Opportunity
- Participate in one of these internship/training opportunities to help minorities have access to healthcare.
- Participate in a discussion forum to examine rural healthcare disparities.
- Attend fundraising events or donate to NWLC.