We are concerned about gender equity because biases based on gender affect all of us. In the United States, women still only make 77 cents on average for every dollar earned by a man (BLS). With this inequality affecting half of the country's population, the impact that each person can have for public good is limited. With equal representation and recognition in all spaces, we can further the opportunities for everyone to contribute to society, regardless of their gender.
Page written and designed by Student Leadership Team.
The views and opinions expressed on this page are those of the Amplify! Student Leadership Team and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NCSSM.
- The Democratic Party Platform
- The Republican Party Platform (No Official Position)
- The Green Party Platform
- The Libertarian Party Platform
- Why Gender Equity matters
- An explanation of the gender pay gap
- The global effect of Gender Inequity
- How Gender Inequity affects the Economy
- To better understand the gender spectrum
- Women & STEM: It's Not Just a Numbers Problem
- About sexual violence
- Support the UN Women's Campaigns, Networks, and Social Media Accounts
- Volunteer with organizations such as Girls Who Code, CARE, Equality Now, and Gender Spectrum
- Help fundraise with the International Center for Research on Women, or the UN Women's Fund for Gender Equality